AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

copy campaign between accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to copy campaigns from one account to another in an MCC account.  I manage a Adwords account for a company that has multiple locations, and wants to create mirror campaigns for several of their locations.  The campaigns are all identical except for the location targeting.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron L
September 2015

Re: copy campaign between accounts

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I would recommend using AdWords Editor, Google's offline tool, to copy your campaigns, make any necessary changes, and post them into a separate account. It's the fastest way I know of to do these things. (Be aware that you should double-check all targeting options & overall campaign settings on the Settings tab for the new campaigns before you activate them. In my experience, the upload sometimes doesn't pick up all of those settings.)

You'll need to create all of the accounts you want online before you can download them to Editor and create campaigns there.

While performance data will not move with the campaigns, it will always be available in the original account.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thankyou!  I work with Adwords Editor all the time, never...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thankyou!  I work with Adwords Editor all the time, never realized you could copy/paste between accounts. Works like a charm...thanks again.

Re: Thankyou! I work with Adwords Editor all the time, never...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

It's a fairly awesome tool if you poke around in it. It make most bulk tasks a lot simpler.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
One more important thing you need to take care is that IP Exclusions/ Call Extensions are not copied through Adwords Editor. This needs to be done after uploading the campaign only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Theresa is there any other way? I don't use Adwords Editor. I tried it once and found it too complicated for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Theresa, you have made my day

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

This year-old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.