AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

convert destination to final

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

oh this sux.  how is it possible nobody anticipated the obvioius function to copy destination URL to final URL? there are 6000+ ads already created in this account.  just infuriating.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: convert destination to final

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can do this. Just go to Ads tab, select all ads on page and then click "Select all rows across all pages".

Next choose Edit > Upgrade destination URLs... and click "Make changes".

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

It makes difference only when you are using custom parameters and upgrade is required. Otherwise, your Destination URL and final URL would remain the same. They would have or would be automatically upgraded to the final URLs.

Here's the complete information around this:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6049217?hl=en

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you for the tip. that works. i should have been clearer i was tyring to use adwords editor (v11.2).

all the messaging from google before the changeover said they would be upgraded automatically. they were not.

AE downloads all the ads with destination URL. and i exported the file, cut/pasted all to final url, did some tedious updates at the same time, and reimported. but they cannot post back to adwords.

frustrating that AE is out of sync with adwords.