AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

conversion optimiser selected - but with an error?????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On my campaign, I have the option to select the "focus on conversion"  tab, but when i save it, I am getting the following error underneath.

To use this bid strategy, change the strategy currently applied to this campagins adgroups or keywords

I not sure what it is I need to change in order to be able to use the "focus on conversions" option. I have tried changing the bid stragegy to auto, but the ability to use the focus on conversions is removed.

ideas anyone please.

Kez

Re: conversion optimiser selected - but with an error?????

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kez,
When you changed your existing Bid Strategy did you turn it off, or select "I'll manually set bids...?"

According to Help Center, if you have a Bid Strategy on, and you want to switch to Conversion Optimizer, you'll have to follow steps below:

Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Select the Campaigns tab.
Select the campaign name.
Select the Settings tab.
Next to "Bid strategy," click Edit.
Select the radio button next to "I'll manually set my bid for clicks."
Click Save.
Next to "Bid strategy," click Edit again.
Click the Focus on Conversions (Conversion Optimizer) radio button.
Click Save to finish.

Setting up Conversion Optimizer w/ Automatic Bidding - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472674?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have it set to focus on clicks and i'll manually set the bids...

When i try to change it to focus on conversions (conversion optimiser) and then save, thats when im getting the above message???

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kez,
Are you sure that you have it set to "manually set my bid for clicks" on all Campaigns? To see all the Bid Strategies, log into AdWords and, on the left hand side navigation, click on Bid Strategies. Here you'll be able to see all the Strategies in your Accounts.
Hopefully this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, they are set to manual bidding.

There are no other bid stratagies in the library.

I have been chatting to google and we are still non the wiser.

We have removed all dynamic ads + all the product targets and still it wont save without the above message. To say this is frustrating is an understatement.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kes,

Please check your campaigns stats like..
You have to receive atleast 15 conversion from last 30 days for the given campaign. If this is done then you have to eligible for Conversion Optimizer ("Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimizer) - use CPA bids"), otherwise this option is not active.

Hope this will helpful answer!

Thanks
Tushar