AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

confused about changing bids?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sir, when  should we change campaign bid or ad group bid or keyword bid?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manoj K
September 2015

Re: confused about changing bids?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Manojo,

There are a few things that we can control in Adwords (and plenty that we can't) and our bids is one of the most important.

The bids will have a direct affect on the number of clicks you will get - that's an obvious one. But they also have an impact on, for example, the ad position - and, in part through this, on the click through rate.

But the ad position also seems to impact on the conversion rates in most cases, insofar as we tend to see better conversions in visitors who saw an ad in one of the top positions.

Thus a higher bid can often lead to a lower cost per conversion.

The answer then is to test. Try not to get fixated on lowering the cost of your clicks by bidding less. Try working on your quality scores to do that.

Instead, test your bids to find the sweet spot where you get the best return on investment. you might be surprised to find where that is.

Since you also mention keyword bids - I suspect you might be seeing that some of your keywords perform better than others - the thing to do here is probably to separate these keywords out into their own campaigns and work on them with a little more love and attention. Work on their ads and their landing pages to get the best QS you can.

The better the QS the lower the cost per click will be to get you into the optimum ad position for maximum returns. But you should be looking to get there as you work on the QS in any case.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There really is no more detail - the key is in the testing. People can tell you how their campaigns responded to bid adjustments at night - I, for example, had one client whose clicks dropped off significantly overnight - but the CPA was much better at 4 in the morning than at any other time...

You will have to spend some budget on the testing.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Manojo,

There are a few things that we can control in Adwords (and plenty that we can't) and our bids is one of the most important.

The bids will have a direct affect on the number of clicks you will get - that's an obvious one. But they also have an impact on, for example, the ad position - and, in part through this, on the click through rate.

But the ad position also seems to impact on the conversion rates in most cases, insofar as we tend to see better conversions in visitors who saw an ad in one of the top positions.

Thus a higher bid can often lead to a lower cost per conversion.

The answer then is to test. Try not to get fixated on lowering the cost of your clicks by bidding less. Try working on your quality scores to do that.

Instead, test your bids to find the sweet spot where you get the best return on investment. you might be surprised to find where that is.

Since you also mention keyword bids - I suspect you might be seeing that some of your keywords perform better than others - the thing to do here is probably to separate these keywords out into their own campaigns and work on them with a little more love and attention. Work on their ads and their landing pages to get the best QS you can.

The better the QS the lower the cost per click will be to get you into the optimum ad position for maximum returns. But you should be looking to get there as you work on the QS in any case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But my problem is another based on the time? when? let i do work in night for USA and Canada sift.then  which one will be best choice for me about changing bids of  my campaign or its related things ? tell me your suggestion in details.

Regards

Manoj kumar mak

New Delhi-110068

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There really is no more detail - the key is in the testing. People can tell you how their campaigns responded to bid adjustments at night - I, for example, had one client whose clicks dropped off significantly overnight - but the CPA was much better at 4 in the morning than at any other time...

You will have to spend some budget on the testing.