AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

competitors clicking on ads how can you check or report them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: competitors clicking on ads how can you check or report them

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I suppose you´re aware that Googles software at least to some extent can detect invalid clicks (to which I am quite sure extensive clicking by your customers on your ads would be counted)?

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,Just for my knowledge, How do you know that click is from competitor?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I suppose you´re aware that Googles software at least to some extent can detect invalid clicks (to which I am quite sure extensive clicking by your customers on your ads would be counted)?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

If you are not satisfied with the invalid clicks detection that David mentioned, you can track ad clicks on your site and then block IP addresses of your competitors via IP address exclusion.  See:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61492

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

RBall wrote:

If you are not satisfied with the invalid clicks detection that David mentioned, you can track ad clicks on your site and then block IP addresses of your competitors via IP address exclusion.  See:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61492

@RBall
Thank you for the link. The one think to take into considaration in that source link is-

An important note about IP address exclusion: Some large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) use a range of IP addresses for all their users. If you exclude an IP address that is a proxy for many users, you could be blocking a large amount of legitimate, and potentially profitable traffic. Google takes no responsibility for this action.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

@anil225 - Fair point.  IP exclusion isn't always the best solution when dealing with competitor clicks.  It's the larger companies that tend to have dedicated IP addresses.  Sometimes, it's the smaller companies who are more aggressive when it comes to clicking on ads.  It's important to do a name server lookup when considering whether or not to block an IP address.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nslookup