AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me

competing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 similar ads running in one campaign. One is served 91% ot the time, the other 9%, what causes this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: competing ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It depends on your Campaign settings.  There are four different methods controlling how your Ads are shown within each group and they break down into two pairs of "showing your Ads evenly" and "showing the best Ads more often".  The actual terms and settings are described in the help file below:


From your description of your results it sounds very much as though your Campaign Settings are either "Optimise for Clicks" of "Optimise for Conversions", rather than either of the rotating settings.



AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits