AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

column names when making multiple changes in adwords editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm attempting to make bulk changes to the destination url across campaigns and ad groups.  Specifically i'm adding value parameters and hard coding adgroup_ID.

Am i required to list all the column headers when I paste from the clipboard?  For example, I am viewing all the ads under all my campaigns.  I see multiple columns (campaign, ad group, status, headline, desc. 1, desc. 2, display URL, dest. URL).  If i want to make multiple changes to the destination url on the campaign/ad group level, can I get away with posting 3 columns (campaign, ad group, destination url)? 

thanks

shawn

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author shawn b
September 2015

Re: column names when making multiple changes in adwords editor

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Shawn,

To answer your question in a single word, No, this is not a feature that AdWords Editor allows or supports at the moment. If you wish to add/make multiple changes to an ad/ keyword, you need to list out the complete mapping of the same i.e. starting from Campaign>Adgroup>Headline>Description Line1>Description Line 2>Display URL>Destination URL for ad copies.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Editor does not at this time support campaign- or ad group-level tracking URLs, via bulk editing or otherwise.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author shawn b
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Shawn,

To answer your question in a single word, No, this is not a feature that AdWords Editor allows or supports at the moment. If you wish to add/make multiple changes to an ad/ keyword, you need to list out the complete mapping of the same i.e. starting from Campaign>Adgroup>Headline>Description Line1>Description Line 2>Display URL>Destination URL for ad copies.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, that makes sense.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Your Welcome Shawn!

If you still have some queries on this, then do reach out on the community.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,