AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

clicks on deleted keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have just noticed that in the last couple of days some of my deleted keywords are showing as having received clicks. That of course means I have also been charged for that. I deleted these keywords sometime ago so there shouldn't been any lag in the reporting and it's only happened today and yesterday (Jan 3 & 4).

Can anyone shed any light on what's going on?

Thanks

Russell

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: clicks on deleted keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Russell,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I would say that you need to check the date range for the data you are looking at. The day when you deleted those keywords would accumulate clicks on those keywords because those were still part of that day (24 hrs long).

You can cross check the date after you deleted the keywords and then look at the clicks data.

By the way, I hope that here you meant clicks and not Analytics visits to your Adwords campaigns?

Pankaj

Re: clicks on deleted keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj

Thanks for your reply. 

I just double checked again and have selected January 4 as the date range. My click data is showing 3 clicks each on two different keywords that have been deleted last week. 

Yes I meant clicks and not Analytics visits. I am aware of the difference.

Thanks again

Russell