AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

clicks from the same source over and over....

fcm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
fcm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where can I report suspected 'clicker'.

My adds are published there and I receive clicks at random times, during the day and night from this (and only this) location.

The 'publisher' is http://www.analyrics.com/search and is ot even related to our kind of business.

I'm pretty sure that this is an automatic application clicking on our addds to collect money.

any advise is appreciated,

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Click Quality Form

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fcm,

Here is a Click Quality Form that you can use to report suspected problems.

FYI - I started here at the Invalid Clicks Troubleshooter and ended up at the form below:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=click_quality

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Click Quality Form

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fcm,

Here is a Click Quality Form that you can use to report suspected problems.

FYI - I started here at the Invalid Clicks Troubleshooter and ended up at the form below:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=click_quality

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hi Fcm,   I take it from your question your are using the...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Fcm,

I take it from your question your are using the Display Network. Go to the networks tab for the campaign and scroll down to the bottom. Expand the "Exclusions". From there you'll be able to add this site as an exclusion. After that your ad will no longer show on that site.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Just a related question from someone who has only recentl...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just a related question from someone who has only recently discovered these auto placement ads and learned how they work. Can anyone tell me why they are of any use to anyone (other than Google's finance department)? Except for a very few, all the sites that my ads were being placed on were ridiculously unrelated, not to mention being ridiculous sites to begin with. I ended up deciding to opt out of it all (a task that itself is not clear as to how to do to someone just learning how it all works).

Automatic Placements

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Jiminy,

Read Automatic Placements Basic  here.

Adwords says: Google uses contextual targeting to match your ads to relevant placements based on your keyword list, among other factors. For example, an ad group entirely focused around men's shoes could show ads on webpages about shoes.

How do placements and keywords work together in an ad group?

With Automatic placements you get to reach very wide audiences. I do agree that we get so many irrelevant placements, but to avoid such placements we can always EXCLUDE those placements.

When we run campaign on search network with broad, broad match modifier and phrase match type, we get many search queries some are relevant and some are not. We run search query report and weed out irrelevant queries and add them as a negative.

Similar manner when we run campaign on Display network with Automatic placements.. we receive many placements some are relevant and some are not. We run placement report and exclude irrelevant placements.

(Although both search and display network behaves in a different manner but that how i find similarity in both). Please correct me if am wrong.

Evaluating ad performance on the Display Network

I manage to find out discussion on Display Network Placement Best Practices shared by some great Adword users.

Thanks,

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

We used to have placements here too. Yes, you can go into...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
We used to have placements here too. Yes, you can go into and select what sites you want to include/exclude, etc.. BUT, for us, we did get a great number of impressions. Unfortunately, almost no clicks (it was mostly unmanaged at that time). The clicks that we did get were HUGELY over priced from our regular CPC Google only ads. Eliminated all display networks and use that extra $$ for our other ads, that were actually performing.

As was stated earlier, I too believe that these placements only benefit Google's bottom line...