AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

click -to -play video ads on GDN

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Google canceled the "Click to play" video ads from the ad gallery --> video ads options? I can't seem to find it anymore...

Thanks!

Sam

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: click -to -play video ads on GDN

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Here is up-to-date information on click-to-play ads for anyone finding this thread in 2016!

This thread will be closed to future replies. If you have questions about this or any other topic, please start a new thread or respond via comment to the article linked above.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

You have 2 options i.e. True View In-stream Video ads and True View in-display video ads. More details around these formats are available here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj, but I'm asking specifically about the Click-To-Play video ad format on GDN that was available until a few days ago and now I can't find it. Did Google say something about cancelling it?

Thanks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I disagree with this answer "You have 2 options i.e. True View In-stream Video ads and True View in-display video ads. ".

Even if the terminology "click-to-play" is still in the AdWords help file below , the term Click-To-Play is no longer used for Ads but you have the "Expandable video" which does the same :

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2375498?hl=en

Since there are multiple formats, we've organized our suggestions to build successful and relevant ads into the following groups:

• In-stream video ads (Ad gallery and AdWords for video)
  • Click-to-Play ads (Ad gallery)
  • YouTube TrueView video ads (AdWords for video)

expandable-video-as-click-to-play.png

The question is about Display network Campaigns running video ads created with the Ad Gallery where we can bid also CPM and CPC for a video Ad  and the formats are many more ,for details see here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375463?hl=en

If someone would have used this tool just for curiosity at least once, would have known what other formats of Video Ads are out there except TrueView.

The formats available with the Ad Gallery are :

In-Stream ( non skipable and NOT TrueView)

In-Video static image

Youtube Promoted Videos ( to be retired)

TrueView In-Display 

Expandable Video 1.0

Ad-Gallery-Video-Ads-Options.png

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

There were some recent changes few months back where the AdWords for Video Campaign upgrade happened. I hope this helps a bit where changes related to ad format and other features were introduced: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3481092?hl=en&ref_topic=3119118

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Click to play Ads from the Ad Gallery have nothing to do with "the AdWords for Video Campaign upgrade"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Here is up-to-date information on click-to-play ads for anyone finding this thread in 2016!

This thread will be closed to future replies. If you have questions about this or any other topic, please start a new thread or respond via comment to the article linked above.

Thank you!