AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

click-to-download ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I'm trying to make an click to download ad for an Iphone app.
now I found this website: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1107950

I follow every step but the display URL doesn't automatically replace with “Download from iTunes” or “Download Android App” in the ad.

Also my app icon doesn't show up in the ad. "Google will automatically find and display the icon that is registered in the iTunes App Store"

Somebody knows what I'm doing wrong? or some good advice?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: click-to-download ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi TimDirven,

Your Ads will show the "Download from iTunes" or "Download Android App" (depending on the device and application format) when the ad is published and searched for on Google. The AdWords interface only shows the ad details.

Upon the ad displaying it will show the application icon taken from the application download page. So it is important that the destination URL is directing to the download page for that individual application. 

Please note that you do need to enable mobile devices from your campaign settings for this to work and also you must create a seperate AdGroup for each device (i.e. Android and iPhone AdGroups).

I hope this information help.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tim,

can't give you any advice without any more info.

What is the URL you are using for the AdGroup

Remember that is must follow a strict format:

http://play.android.com/search?q=pname:

OR

http://play.android.com/details?id=pname

The pname must be the fully qualified package name. So if you company is McGames and your App is McGameApp then it is supposingly something like pname=com.mcgames.mcgameapp

2. If this is absolutely correct and you used option 1 (search?q=pname:), maybe there are multiple versions showing due to a bug? Could be because you committed multiple versions or something ...

Note that these examples are android only, so check the Adwords help again for iPhone if needed. I didn't know what you were distributing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

TimDirven wrote:

I follow every step but the display URL doesn't automatically replace with “Download from iTunes” or “Download Android App” in the ad.

Also my app icon doesn't show up in the ad. "Google will automatically find and display the icon that is registered in the iTunes App Store"

Where are you exactly checking your ad for these chances? Im not sure, but maybe  it will only work on published ads, will not work on AdWords interface - but I'm not sure.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi TimDirven,

Your Ads will show the "Download from iTunes" or "Download Android App" (depending on the device and application format) when the ad is published and searched for on Google. The AdWords interface only shows the ad details.

Upon the ad displaying it will show the application icon taken from the application download page. So it is important that the destination URL is directing to the download page for that individual application. 

Please note that you do need to enable mobile devices from your campaign settings for this to work and also you must create a seperate AdGroup for each device (i.e. Android and iPhone AdGroups).

I hope this information help.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I don't understand !

This URLs http://play.android.com/details?id=pname (with a good pname) doesn't work.

Tanguy from France.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Luigi

Is it necessary to have different ad groups for Android and iOS?

If yes, is this because each ad group must have a only 1 destination URL domain?

Thanks
Akshat