AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

click to call in title??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hoping to find some experience on this topic. I have been noticing my competitors ads on mobile devices are showing up with a title of "Call: 555-555-5555" and when clicked it makes the call. I tried changing my own title to that and I get a "not allowed" error. I tried the call extension but that only gives me the usual call button beside my ad. How can I get my phone number in my ad title?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt B
September 2015

Re: click to call in title??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So just got off the phone with google and from what I understand the phone numbers in the headline are no longer allowed. They are currently not approving any new ads and will be reatively disapproving all ads still using this format within the next 30 days. Looks like you were right MosheTLV. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

Can't be certain without seeing a screenshot; but I assume that is the old format version of click to call - slowly phasing out;

Once your competitor's ad is checked again by the bots it will be probably disapproved;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV here is screenshot of what I am seeing. And it's on a few of my competitors ads? Is it perhaps the Google Forwarding number? I am in Canada so I din't think they were available here?

Competition Ad with Phone Number (top) followed by my ad (bottom of second pic)

competitor ad

my ad at the bottom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt B
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So just got off the phone with google and from what I understand the phone numbers in the headline are no longer allowed. They are currently not approving any new ads and will be reatively disapproving all ads still using this format within the next 30 days. Looks like you were right MosheTLV. Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

"Google' CS on the phone" were correct; Before replying again, I checked again available formats for mobile. This one is phasing out - it is confusing the users. Soon will be disapproved.

Good luck with your campaigns.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’