AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

cannot link your account before setting your YouTube name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive already set up a name. What is the problem linking my youtube with adwords???? Ive already paid to run an ad!

Re: cannot link your account before setting your YouTube name?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Justin,

Linking your YouTube account to the AdWords account is not a prerequisite for running an ad. You can still run a video ad even if the two accounts aren't linked.

If they are linked, you just have additional features like creating remarketing lists based on YouTube visitors, setting up call-to-action overlays, and some additional reporting features.

Linking the two accounts is fairly easy. On the left-hand side navigation in the AdWords for Video portion of your AdWords account, just click "Link your YouTube account." And it will prompt you to input the login credentials for your YouTube account.

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Coco,
when i try to link my youtube account to adwords and after entering the login credentials it gives me this error "This page isn't available. Sorry about that.
Try searching for something else."
So what do i do now ? Smiley Sad plz help

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Nakul,

That's an interesting error message. Just to make sure: if you login with those same credentials, are you able to access the channel okay on youtube.com?

If so, can you try clearing your cache/cookies in your browser, just so we can rule that out as the issue?