AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can you target only half of a city?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I only want to target North Sydney, but can only add the whole city. Why does it have a place for post codes if you can't target specific ones?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eliza D
September 2015

Re: can you target only half of a city?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Eliza D,

Unfortunately the location targeting in Australia isn't quite as developed as the US and UK so we can't use our postcodes for targeting yet.

What could be useful for you is the radius targeting and selecting a few points to make sure you have North Sydney covered.

You need to go to your location targeting and select advanced search to get radius targeting. Below I have just added one location in to show you how it works. You might have to do a North East and North West point if you want to cover all the North.

radius targeting.png

Let me know if this helps you out. Good luck with it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for this - perfect.
Now targeting North only.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Eliza D,

Unfortunately the location targeting in Australia isn't quite as developed as the US and UK so we can't use our postcodes for targeting yet.

What could be useful for you is the radius targeting and selecting a few points to make sure you have North Sydney covered.

You need to go to your location targeting and select advanced search to get radius targeting. Below I have just added one location in to show you how it works. You might have to do a North East and North West point if you want to cover all the North.

radius targeting.png

Let me know if this helps you out. Good luck with it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for this - perfect.
Now targeting North only.