AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can you control the preview image that shows when you hover over an ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to control the website preview image that gets displayed when you hover over the arrows on the right hand side next to the ad in the peach boxes? If so could someone tell me how to manage it please, I can't fugure out if its possible.

Re: can you control the preview image that shows when you hover over a

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Paul B,

Welcome to adwords community,

Yes you can cantrol, hover mouse over speech bubble. see your status your keywords. or ads. But Only in search network.

But in display network you can not find out your ad dignosis.Ads Dignosis to provide diagnosis information for keywords in campaigns that are opted in to the Search Network.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Paul B

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

I assume that you are talking about Instant preview here?

I know it's possible to ask that it not be used for your page, I'm not entirely sure if it can be edited as it is supposed to be a preview of what a user will get if they choose to click through.

Instant preview - webmaster tools

Kind regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying,

There is something strange going on. Yes it is the instant preview image, but the instant preview image is different from the one that shows in the "ad preview and diagnostics" panel (which is the one I would like to displayed)

The snap shot of the website that is listed in the organic search results is the correct one, so is that Google hasn't caught up yet and its a matter of waiting?

I am tempted to swith the snap shot image off (from webmaster tools), I'd rather not as as you say its great for visitors to confirm that they're going to the right place, but as it is now it does not represent my website at all.

Any thoughts

And thanks again

Paul

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Paul B

I can't say I'm really up on this subject to be honest, but I have read that sometimes it takes a couple of days to update to the true preview image sometimes.

Pasted from "Instant preview" page-

"In general, Google updates the Instant Preview snapshot as part of our web crawling process. When we don’t have a cached preview image (which primarily happens when we can’t fetch the contents of important resources), we may choose to create a preview image on-the-fly based on a user’s request. To generate previews on the fly, Google uses the user-agent "Google Web Preview" (the fully-qualified user-agent you see in your server logs may change from time to time) to render images on demand, so you may see this in your referrer logs. If you've recently updated your page and the changes aren't reflected in Instant Preview, wait a day or so and then check again."

I don't know if this is the true cause of the issue but it may be worth you waiting a few days and checking again.

Kind regards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes I actually spoke to Google adwords, they where really helpful and confirmed what you've said.

I seems that the adwords instant preview is taken from the organic listings snap shot, so if you've made changes the page after the last bot crawl the image will be out of date and will take some time to update. A way around this, or at least to try to speed the process up is to use the "fetch as google bot" option in webmaster tools then resubmit the url.

That's what I've done and I'll leave it a couple of days before I check again. Google adwords said that if that didn't work to go back to them and they'll dig deeper. So fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

No problem! You are welcome Smiley Happy