AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i track filters or option button using tag manager?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to track the traffic on my website clicking on option button on my website 

for women & men option. 

How i can track this click event using tag manager for java script coded filter ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can i track filters oroption buttonusing tag manager?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Shubhi
Great question!

You can indeed do this through GTM. You can use the basic native event tracking to create events in GA to track the product selections.

However, if this is what you're looking to do, I'd spend a little more time and implement enhanced ecommerce in Google Analytics. It's a little more work but it will do what you are looking for and a WHOLE LOT more. It seems that you're looking to understand your customers behaviour more, enhanced ecommerce tracking is definitely the way to go there>

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014841?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave
First of all Thanks for the quick reply! deeply appreciated

Yes i want to keep keen eye on all the filters which is hard to track using google analytic.
Thanks for the link i think it can help me but needs to go through heaps of dumps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No its not helping me much as need more light on this data .

Re: can i track filters or option button using tag manager?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Shubhi
I'm sorry, I don't know what "heaps of dumps" are. I'm not sure what the problem is anymore. Can you provide a bit more detail?

Re: can i track filters or option button using tag manager?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi devis i am using form class for capturing the data for gender option for men and women for the website but i m not getting any value captured in variables .