AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i target the same keyword ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello my friends

if i open a multi accounts in my client center (mcc)

for multi client i have

can i target the same keyword  ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can i target the same keyword ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Marlyn H,

The simple answer is Yes, just make sure those different accounts are not promoting the same website.

It does also seem a little weird that you would have competing clients, is there no conflict of interest?

Hope this helps

Re: can i target the same keyword ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Maryln
Welcome to the community.

Yes, you can indeed target the same keywords in different accounts as long as they're going to different websites/domains.

The question is more about conflicts of interest to be honest. If you are happy running the same campaigns for clients competing with each other and if they are aware, there's no problem. It might be a good idea to at least tell your clients that you're competing them against each other and that one HAS TO win in some dimension.

If you are targeting different regions or something like that, obviously there's no problem in that regard though Smiley Happy

So to answer your question, yes, yes you can.