AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i target a video ad into a specific channel only?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

let's say i would like my ads only appear on CNN channel, what would I do? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can i target a video ad into a specific channel only?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

As far as I understood after exporting a youtube channel placement from Google AdPlanner, you should target channels like this youtube.com::afv_user_channelURL (e.g. youtube.com::theellenshow) for channels with URLs such as http://www.youtube.com/theellenshow. So get the channel URL from youtube, subtract youtube.com from it and try with youtube.com::afv_user_channelURL.

I don't know, however, if there are no channels which cannot be targeted like this, just as there are AdSense placements like that.

Good luck!

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully someone answers this question soon. If we can do this I can make my ads more useful although I have had great success with getting views via Adwords, it's costing a bit much.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you can target CNN, just type "cnn" in the keywords tab, choose Placements and from the right hand side "Videos" and you can see the CNN channel, then click on the blue arrow to add it . Please view this screenshot for details :

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5kXqO3eH9vJS0pycHdkZ25rbnc/edit?usp=sharing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been wanting to try this for a while too! Adrian B, is the screenshot you posted from the keyword planner tool? 

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
No , from the Display Planner.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Stuti

I have received by email your message , although it does not yet appear as posted so here it is

"Thanks Adrian B.! I managed to set up the channels and made sure I selected "Video" as the ad format, but when I go back to my campaign, I couldn't add that format. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?"

My answer : I do not understand what are the steps you took. What you you mean by "I managed to setup the channels" ?

My instructions are about adding a youtube channel in the Placements tab of a Display Network campaign, to be used with banner Ads alongside videos from that channel. Are you trying to do something else , such as using youtube channels as Placements for TrueView Video Ads ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian. Thanks for your reply! I actually deleted my post because I figured out how to set up the ad. Yes, I was looking to set up an in-stream video ad  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How did you end up making that process work properly with the in-stream / trueview ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't make it work. I haven't figured it out yet.