AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i set custom labels at an adgroup level fro shopping ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

current have a significant number of products within an ad group (aware that you can only have 20k, products, negative search terms etc) so i want to be able to splt the products by a customer label to create more AdGroups - i know that this can be done via campagin - but not sure about AdGroup?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Limitation in AdGroups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I current have a significant number of products within an ad group (aware that you can only have 20k, products, negative search terms etc)

I want to be able to split the products by a custom label into additional new AdGroups - i know that i can split by product type, custom label, condition etc at a Campaign level - can i (and if so how) do this at an AdGroup level?

Limitation in AdGroups

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Here you are account limits:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372658?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Limitation in AdGroups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Moshe - aware of the limits please re read my post - i want to be able to set a custom label against an "Adgroup" setting. 

Re: Limitation in AdGroups

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

ad-groups for shopping-campaigns are mainly empty containers,

for implementing different sets of features or strategies -- such as

negative-words or bid-adjustments; for example, a different set of

bid-adjustments or a different set of negative-words for top-sellers,

poor-sellers, top-selling-brands, etc.

product-groups remain the primary subdivisions
for items based on attributes -- for example,
apparel top-sellers vs electronics top-sellers.

the product-groups within the ad-group determines item sets and subsets  --
product-groups can group items based on attributes, such as custom-labels;

otherwise, there is no such concept for the ad-group per se.

campaigns can filter items based on attributes, such as custom-labels.

can i set custom labels at an adgroup level fro shopping ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

thanks celebird - aware of the "product group" subdivisions - wanted to see if this could also be done at a adgroup level - from your response and clarification in regards to an "adgroup is an empty container" it a lot clearer now.. i cant

The solution will be to put further customer labels into the feed in order to push a number of product groups (I'm using product types) into a new campaigns rather than a new ad group in the existing campaign - so that we don't have the 20k limitation with an adgroup (assuming that if I add all products and then exclude some, that the "exclude" is include in the 20k limitation) - does mean that i cant have more than one adgroup per campaign when the campaign setting are bringing greater than 20k products