AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i set custom labels at an adgroup level fro shopping ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

current have a significant number of products within an ad group (aware that you can only have 20k, products, negative search terms etc) so i want to be able to splt the products by a customer label to create more AdGroups - i know that this can be done via campagin - but not sure about AdGroup?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Limitation in AdGroups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I current have a significant number of products within an ad group (aware that you can only have 20k, products, negative search terms etc)

I want to be able to split the products by a custom label into additional new AdGroups - i know that i can split by product type, custom label, condition etc at a Campaign level - can i (and if so how) do this at an AdGroup level?

Limitation in AdGroups

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Here you are account limits:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372658?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Limitation in AdGroups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Moshe - aware of the limits please re read my post - i want to be able to set a custom label against an "Adgroup" setting. 

Re: Limitation in AdGroups

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

ad-groups for shopping-campaigns are mainly empty containers,

for implementing different sets of features or strategies -- such as

negative-words or bid-adjustments; for example, a different set of

bid-adjustments or a different set of negative-words for top-sellers,

poor-sellers, top-selling-brands, etc.

product-groups remain the primary subdivisions
for items based on attributes -- for example,
apparel top-sellers vs electronics top-sellers.

the product-groups within the ad-group determines item sets and subsets  --
product-groups can group items based on attributes, such as custom-labels;

otherwise, there is no such concept for the ad-group per se.

campaigns can filter items based on attributes, such as custom-labels.

can i set custom labels at an adgroup level fro shopping ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

thanks celebird - aware of the "product group" subdivisions - wanted to see if this could also be done at a adgroup level - from your response and clarification in regards to an "adgroup is an empty container" it a lot clearer now.. i cant

The solution will be to put further customer labels into the feed in order to push a number of product groups (I'm using product types) into a new campaigns rather than a new ad group in the existing campaign - so that we don't have the 20k limitation with an adgroup (assuming that if I add all products and then exclude some, that the "exclude" is include in the 20k limitation) - does mean that i cant have more than one adgroup per campaign when the campaign setting are bringing greater than 20k products