AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i insert same keyword in more than one ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello .....

can i insert  same keyword in more than one ad group in campaign or account.

owaish

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author owaish
September 2015

Re: can i insert same keyword in more than one ad group

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to explain that unlike the search campaign where 2 identical keywords in 2 ad groups can compete for the same Page , and only one will receive an ad slot, for the Display campaign, 2 identical keywords in 2 ad groups with different placements will not compete simply because they "build a theme" on different websites.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Yes; but they will compete, and the results could be the wrong ad triggered;
Search the community (using the search box) for "duplicate keyword" - you'll find many discussion on the subject;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If the keywords are in different campaigns and they have different geo targeting they will not compete , unless the geo targeting over lap ( like geo targeting 1 = country and geo targeting 2 = city from country )

Also if you use keywords in the Display campaigns you can use the same keyword with different ad groups which have different placements and they will not compete even if the location targeting is the same.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Adrain

On the display network keywords cannot compete since they work collectively as a theme, that is matched to relevant content on webpages. (i.e "contextual targeting")

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author owaish
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to explain that unlike the search campaign where 2 identical keywords in 2 ad groups can compete for the same Page , and only one will receive an ad slot, for the Display campaign, 2 identical keywords in 2 ad groups with different placements will not compete simply because they "build a theme" on different websites.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@owaish : Thank you for accepting my answer as a solution and good luck with your advertising efforts.

@MosheTLV : Thank your for teaching valuable information about AdWords but please use my name Adrian instead of Adrain . To me that is like saying Osama instead of Obama.