AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

can i delete my suspended site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can I just delete my suspended site instead of correcting it, and start with another theme.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can i delete my suspended site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Charles.
That depends on the suspension.
What did the email from Google say?

If it was a serious policy violation or a repeat violation, the suspension is at the USER level, not the site. It means that simply removing the site from your account (nothing is actually ever deleted) won't do. It means that you, as a person, won't be eligible to use AdWords again. Even if you try to open a new account.

Well, that's worst case scenario. If you post the suspension mail (less any personal information) here, we'll be able to give you some further advice.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
It sounds that you are referring to a landing page violation. In this case you MUST fix the site. Abandoning the URL will not resolve the issue. The content on the site must be fixed to comply with the Policy.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Charles,

Before taking actions, it is always better to analyze the place of problem either at webpage level or campaign level. Visiting this page, can help you with automated recommendations (if you logged in to the AdWords account and not the MCC)

Site suspended status is usually given to ads or keywords whose webpages violates Advertising Policies. For example, if your web site has a malware issue, rather than giving you a Below Average Landing Page Experience, you'll see "Not Applicable" Status.

I will be glad, if you are problem solves at the earliest Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Isn't it always good to fix the issue? in most of the cases if you going to use the same adword account you must fix the issue in order to start advertising. However Lets say you can just dump the site and even domain and start a new website under new name and start advertising, but if u didnt fix the error whats the guarantee that it wont get suspend for the same reason again?

Your best option is go through the mail and see what the reason and try to fix it. Smiley Happy