AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

call only campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

i want to know diff. between "call only campaigns" and "text ads on mobile device with call extensions".....

call button display in both type of ads and the only difference is about headline and destination url(optional) in call only. so why we need call only campaigns and what is the benefit to use it.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: call only campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sanjay
You are correct.

The difference really lies in the advertisers needs. There are many businesses, who don't need to sell the message on their website first, they have a team of people on the phone for this purpose. In this case, clicking through to the website simply serves as a way to lose potential customers.

Essentially, if you don't need your users to click through to your website and you normally close the "deal" on a call anyway, it's something you might want to try. If you cannot see the value in this, then it's likely that you don't need a call only campaign. It's just another option for businesses who aren't exclusively web based. Merely Google providing options for advertisers that requested it.

Re: call only campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Dave already explained it nicely. Just to add one key difference, your call-only ads appear only on the devices that are capable of making phone calls. Usual call extension can appear on all/any devices.

Thanks
Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.