AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

call only campaign vs call extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys need a big help. Have few concepts to clear.

Background: I am running a local Taxi business. have four levels of campaign.

Note: All these campaigns have Target: people in targeted area & Exclude : People in excluded area

a- local  (only local area selected by selecting individual suburbs)

1: Call only

a Call only simple

b Call only to airport

2: Local for Desktop and Tablets

a Simple

b airport

b- Country Wide (country selected + local area excluded)

1: for Desktop, Tablets and mobiles (with call extension)

a Simple

b airport

c- International (country excluded)

1: for Desktop, Tablets and mobiles (with call extension)

a Simple

b airport

Now Questions:

1: my local call only campaign has very low CTR, i am talking about 1% here. Before that I had text ads with call extension my CTR were high. problem with low CTR is that I am unable to hold first Position. Game in Taxi business is 1ST POSITION. has anyone experienced that call extension on text ad giving them more CTR which results on more 1st position holdings and more conversations? I know i am not losing money as no one is clicking on my call only ad but I am not getting any conversion and countinuesly have to raise my bid to capture first spot. My Quality score for the main keywords are varing from 7-10.

2: I have online booking system for Taxi, where user could actually calculate price as well. do you think having that kind of functionality, would it make more sense to have text ads for mobile phones as well?

3: Please suggest any other better way if you know, to structure my campaigns, any help is appricated.

Awan

www.taxibern1.ch

Is the above layout fine or could be improved?

1:

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: call only campaign vs call extension

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Umair,

Once i had a chance to manage a taxi service running targeting France airports. Let me answer question using what I remember from those campaigns.

1. By that time we didn't have call only campaigns available in the adwords. We were using call extensions however most of the bookings came through website. We also had a online booking platform and we found it extremely convenient since most of the customers wants to know the prices and other details before they make a decision. So having a IBE is easier for all the parties.

2. If you are using the booking engine to measure the keyword I think its a good idea to keep mobile focused text ads also. In most of the cases quick decision making processes such as in taxi business usually happens through mobile devices.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tanks for answer. in other word are you suggesting, I should only have text only ad with mobile campaign, as many people want to just know prise ?
Also should I have only one country wide campaign with low bid as it will improve my CTR and help me stay on no 1 position in my local region as well ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi

I'm not suggesting to have only text ads, I was explaining that in a past campaign I had, we only ran text ads which worked well. however the reason to do this wasn't because all the people want to increase the check the prices, The reason behind this since we had booking engine enabled we pushed all the users to visit the site and do the booking through the engine.

For campaign struture purposes we had one campaign targeting domestic market and one campaign targeting top performing markets and some other campaigns targeting major regions. ( Eg europe, asia etc)