AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

call extensions only show one number on my account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 3 store in my adwords account with three different phone numbers but adwords extensions only show 1 of 3 number 100% of the time?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lenny,

If you are promoting one website for 3 stores, and you want to use the call extension, there is no perfect solution - unless you have different campaigns for each store (by using location keywords or location settings).

Otherwise, showing a random phone number or just the same all the time has the same effect - 2/3 of the time it won't be the most relevant number.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Lenny,

Rob's answer is accurate.

In addition, I recommend using Location Extensions if you don't already. When a Location Extension is shown with your ad (it's eligible to show when someone near one of your locations triggers your ad), the store-specific number associated with the Location Extension will show with your ad.

See more about Location Extensions here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rob, thank you for responding. If I want to use a single number, can that number have phone tree? like press 1 for store? press 2 for store? press 3 for store? ect.?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Lenny,

Yep, you can use any kind of phone tree you want on the receiving end.

John