AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

call extension with goole forward number is not consistenly showing.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

You all know google have announced that, we should not use Phone Number in ad copy. we must use call extension instead.

But when i removed and added call extension with goole forward number,  Phone no. are not displaying consistenly. I was using ad preview tool to check it. sometimes the no. shows , sometimes not. 

Is there any particular way of using call extn, ? I am using it with location extn. is it because of this? Need Help.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: call extension with goole forward number is not consistenly showin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @praveenoa,

@praveenoa wrote:

Hi, 

Is there any particular way of using call extn, ? I am using it with location extn. is it because of this? Need Help.

Thanks.

I think if you included the telephone number with Google forwarding number enabled, then this should work correctly.

Please note that there are minimum statistics which an ad group should accumulate before Google forwarding number starts showing along with your ad copies. 

You can also check the ad extensions tab and select call extensions and then segment the data by click type to look for further details. Also if you happen to receive the phone calls using Google forwarding number in your text ads, you can get the call details inside Dimensions Tab >> select View Call details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Pankaj, i am using call extension with google fwd number enabled only. still i couldnt see phone no. sometimes. Because of this my calls have decreased.

Here my question is why its not displaying phone no. all the time.?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I also noticed that no. and locations are displayed more often when ads are displayed in the right side of SERP compare to top side.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

As Pankaj correctly pointed out, Ad Extensions are not guaranteed to be enabled for every single ad impression.  There are some criteria that must be met for the Extensions to show up.

If you have noticed them at all, then they are set up correctly. All you can do now is work to optimize your account and with improvements, hopefully, your extensions will be utilized more often.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’