AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

bidding to get first page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, How do I find out how much to bid on keywords to get the first page positioning?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: bidding to get first page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Philip

Check this article: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/105665?hl=en

However, that will only give you an estimate. To really know what YOUR first page bid is, you need to activate those keywords in your account.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I prefer to use the keyword tool rather than the estimator. I have found the numbers provided by the keyword tool, that represent real CPCs paid by advertisers, are more reliable for a "first bid shot".

But as David said - this is just the "first shot", You'll have to make the adjustments based on your campaign' performances.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
If i use automatic key raise to match top of page bid :

1) is there a way to set top page +30% ? to be sure of targeting a high position ?... and
2) do you recommend to do this every 3 hours based on "today's data" or only once a day because the data ( top of page bid value) is not updated every hour ?

I think my competitors are raising the bid values at some point of the day for the most profitable keys, but i want an automated solution to bid above them.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

"You can use an automated rule with top of page bid estimates to raise the bids of your keywords to the recommended top of page bid, and run this rule on a daily basis."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en&from=1320536&rd=1&uls=en