AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

automating campaign builds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run marketing for an eCommerce company that has several thousand products.  I’d like to get all of those products up and running on search.  PLAs and/or Merchant center account are not an option for us right now.

I’ve discovered that depending on the product, it takes roughly 30min to get one product up on search, all-in (keyword research, setting up URL tracking to the product page, writing ads (including shortening string lengths to account for the 25/35/35 char limits), adding negative keywords, setting bids, upload via adwords editor). If I have 10,000 products and I do nothing else, that would take me about 5,000 hours. 

Does this seem high?  Are there tools that help automate this to get it done faster?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: automating campaign builds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jamesmerr,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You said - I’ve discovered that depending on the product, it takes roughly 30min to get one product up on search

My question is - are you creating ads for individual products? If yes, it is definitely going to take hundreds of hours for a big website. 

Why not target categories instead? It will take lesser time in comparison and will still be serving your goals efficiently. 

Next, as you said you can't consider Shopping Campaigns at the moment, how about Dynamic Search Ads? 

DSA can work and works for ecommerce websites as well. But yes, you need to tune it perfectly to avoid irrelevancy.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: automating campaign builds

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jamesmerr,

You can try Dynamic Search Ads and target the Category using Auto Targets. You can choose whether all pages or just specific sections should be used to target your ads by creating dynamic ad targets. Dynamic ad targets can be your whole website or specific sections of your website,

Please read more about the Dynamic Search Ads here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala