AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

automated rules using Adwords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, is it possible to set up automated rules using Adwords Editor? If yes, how do you do it? Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: automated rules using Adwords Editor

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Well simple answer is Nope Smiley Sad

You can do some basic stuf via Advanced bid changes under keywords tab at the bottom, but not to the level which you can achive in adwords online interface.

Hope this helps 

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
If you're able to make manual changes to your bids, budget, or status, then you can automate these changes using rules without the other tools getting in the way.. In short Adwords Editor wont help you to set up automated rules.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey,

YOu can't set up automated rules using editor. You will need to use the interface.

Please follow the link below for a step by step procedure for this:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472779

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello nachomac,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Well unfortunately, you don't have automated rules inside Adwords Editor. But I think you have a good feature request to make. Being innovative, Google might introduce this in the coming new versions. Follow this link and let Adwords Team know about it.

To get a glimpse of what all new features are available in new Adwords Editor, check these release notes of version 9.8.1.

And to set up automated rules inside Adwords interface, you can follow the link referred by Shweta above.

Just a thought!

Pankaj