AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

automated ROAS setting all cpc so low 0,00 and 0,01 and 0,02 . why and how ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

i hope anyone could help me solve a issue i have.

i have this adwords shopping account that was averaging around 500 clicks with a 0.10 to 0,12 cpc on manual settings. 

now i had setup conversion tracking about a month ago. i did change some things so it was off/removed for 10/20 days now its back on. 

i think i have set it up the right way now. i see a conversion value comming in now and that matches the sales amount i have 

i think this is now correct ? (please correct me if i need to check it another way) also tag manager recouldnises the tag 

i have set it up as a on purchase / customs value / and added it to the thank you page 

the last time i implemented this code it was on all pages so i got conversion rates above 100% 

i wanted to give u this back story because now i have setup ROAS on 500% yesterday and i saw my CPC drop almost instandly to 0,06 and 0,02 and some are even 0,00 

so i was thinking and searching on google and found maby the ROAS is to high so i now set it up to 300% and it keeps dropping.

so what am i missing here ? does it just need time to find balance ? or what should i check/do ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pim B sorry for the delay in replying, are you still having problems?  I would always advise that any Campaign be allowed to run for at least a month and gather a good history of conversions before applying an automated bidding strategy.  Google recommends that a Campaign should have at least 15 conversions per 30 day period, but personally I'd suggest you need at least double that, and preferably a lot more.

When setting a Target ROAS strategy, you should ideally start with what your current ROAS is (hence the need to run the Campaign for some time before using a bidding strategy). So, if your current ROAS is 350%, you should set the Target ROAS to 350%.  Once the strategy has passed the learning period (usually a week or so) you may be able to adjust this figure upwards, maybe first to 400%, then 450% and so on.

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can also edit the bid strategy in the Shared Library and set a minimum bid limit, but that might make the learning period longer. See the bottom of this article under "Settings".

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268637?hl=en

Re: automated ROAS setting all cpc so low 0,00 and 0,01 and 0,02 . why and how ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jon_Gritton Thanks for the reply 

the issue is that i think i still am having a to low result. let me try to explain what my issue is. 

when i do manual bidding. 0,15cents per click i get around 50.000 search volume and around 5-10 sales per day the total cost is around 20-50 euro .

when i run the numbers that somedays it will give me a negative cashflow becaus the adwords cost that day where to high for the profit. 

but on other days it will give me a good posive cash flow 100 euro or up in profit per day on this shop. 

now when i swiched to ROAS 1+ week ago i noticed that my adwords cost where dropping a lot ! 
Schermafbeelding 2017-06-03 om 18.15.52.png

soo as u can see above i picked some date before ROAS 22th and below and up to 27th of last month . 
you can see that adwords cost droped and sales are also a little bit down not much but still a little bit. 

when a couple of days i changed to ECPC the cost where even more creazy it got back to 30-60 euro again and no more extra sales 

so as far as i can see target ROAS does the trick for me. 
Schermafbeelding 2017-06-03 om 18.20.09.png

Now here u can see my current setup but it now ranks as 1053% ROAS is that correct ? 

if so i understand that this is high and i guess that this is good then. 

but still i feel like i should be able to get more sales but the ads are just not showing to people. 

so my feeling is there are  3 things happening here. 

1. google is not showing my adds to the everyone (my gut feeling plus i still)

2. google is saving my [censored] by not promoting the products that doe not get anof results 
3. The conversion setup = not optimized yet or not setup correctly or to little data 

while some ads are now have 10-45 cents per click there is still 60% that have a 0cent amount +no views or clicks witch of course is obvious 

so i still think there is an error there. 

i hope some one could help me shed some light on this issue. maby a min bid like was proposed ? but i read somewhere that this is not a good solution for ROAS because it restricts it somehow. 

Best regards Pim