AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

approved limited

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

please some one tell me why some of my ads keep becoming Approved limited ?

what does it mean ? 

4 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: approved limited

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yalda,

Welcome to the community!

I suggest you to read Approved Limited help center article by google. It will give you idea why your ads are approved limited.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Yalda,

Here's one more suggestion in addition to Neha's good one.  In the AdWords UI there is a "Policy" column that you can turn on.  It will give you more information on why ads are "limited" and on other policy-related issue.  I think you can turn this on by clicking a button called "Columns" or "Customize Columns" or something similar.

Laura

AdWords engineer

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yalda,

Welcome to the community!

I suggest you to read Approved Limited help center article by google. It will give you idea why your ads are approved limited.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Yalda,

Here's one more suggestion in addition to Neha's good one.  In the AdWords UI there is a "Policy" column that you can turn on.  It will give you more information on why ads are "limited" and on other policy-related issue.  I think you can turn this on by clicking a button called "Columns" or "Customize Columns" or something similar.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I came across the same problem a few days ago. There weren't any trademark or product/category issue as such. On calling up Adwords customer care I got to know that my ads had this status since my Landing page isn't mobile compatible, which meant the ads were not serving the purpose for a few mobile devices.

There is a method to detect the reason for your ad being categorized under 'Approved Limited' status. Just go to Campaigns tab - Select ads tab - customize column- select attributes- select Policy Details. By doing so you will get to know the reason for Approved limited status of your ad.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
There are other things that will give you limited status - if you advertise adult products, if you mention wine - if you are a restaurant that serves wine you can use the word... if sell pharmaceuticals (if you are a pharmacy, for example) and con show that you are a registered establishment (this took me a long time to manage for an Australian client!).... and lots of other things.

In my experience ads will often not get approved for some of these things and, in fact, never do get approved - they just sit in limbo.... until you ask for manual approval - and then you get the limited status...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everybody! When I look for my profile in google, its appear at the right with my photo but with a sign of "limited", I think that my profile has nothing wrog for being on that status. Someone can help me please?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Laura
I had created my first campaign on adwords but still its not online can you help me
my status report is eligible an other ads campaign is approved limited i need help.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you