AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

any limits on amount of conversion code on one webpage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! For each keyword, we have a conversion code. Given we have over a hundred keywords, each will have its own conversion tracking code (most have different, not unique destination URLs). So is it an issue if there are multiple codes on one single webpage?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: any limits on amount of conversion code on one webpage?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dawn,

You can have multiple conversion codes on the same page, but I'd not want much as you are really increasing the code to content ration on the page and it will slow down the load time of the page.

Why are you creating a conversion code per keyword though? One piece of conversion code can report back to individual keywords anyway.

Can you maybe explain why and what you expect to get from this method so I can get my head around it and give you a better reply?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dawn,

You can have multiple conversion codes on the same page, but I'd not want much as you are really increasing the code to content ration on the page and it will slow down the load time of the page.

Why are you creating a conversion code per keyword though? One piece of conversion code can report back to individual keywords anyway.

Can you maybe explain why and what you expect to get from this method so I can get my head around it and give you a better reply?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dawn D,

I'm going to be more emphatic than Adam. While you can place multiple conversion codes on the same page, since all of your "conversion codes" are in the same account, all will record a conversion. The conversion code is not specific to a keyword or a landing page, it is for the whole account. If you place 100 conversion codes on your "thank you " page, you will record 100 conversion for each conversion that actually takes place.

Use one and only one AdWords conversion code block on your thank you page. If you absolutely have need for more than one conversion code, you'll need a separate thank you page for each conversion type.

AdWords UI will report conversions by keyword and by ad copy, ad group or campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords