AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

anonymous.google

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello all,

I have little query in mind i just used my display campaign on auto target placement, when i got the report there were so many urls like  23df8d091e6f670d.anonymous.google i just want to know what is this Google spend the lots of amount from my account there.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Majid Ali k
September 2015

Re: anonymous.google

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a simple solution to this, add to the campaign exclusion list anonymous.google and you won't be displayed to any of those sites.

Those are website that did not want to make public their url to the advertisers.

There are also many useful settings in the "Category exclusion" like this removing all sites with "below the fold" display of your ad, for more info read here

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/abovethefold.html

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Majid Ali k,

Take a look at this post from Calin AKA AdWiser:  http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/

Just might help you out in determining whether or not these placements are worth it.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I want to ask you a question.Are you getting 404 error when you are clicking on the url?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a simple solution to this, add to the campaign exclusion list anonymous.google and you won't be displayed to any of those sites.

Those are website that did not want to make public their url to the advertisers.

There are also many useful settings in the "Category exclusion" like this removing all sites with "below the fold" display of your ad, for more info read here

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/abovethefold.html

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Majid Ali k,

Take a look at this post from Calin AKA AdWiser:  http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/

Just might help you out in determining whether or not these placements are worth it.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Saurav,

it's not opening and urls showing like 1287311b73782505.anonymous.google  

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Tommy
it's quite good blog.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Adrian B

thanks for your time but i have one question, If i go to exclude the placements and put the url anonymous.google, it will work on all anonymous urls..?

because these urls are different by numeric form.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
I think so , they are like subdomains of this domain. You can also look at your Ads tab and Segment button / keywords or placements to see what combination of ads and placements works best

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Majid Ali k wrote:
Thanks Tommy
it's quite good blog.

Thank you; please note that I'm currently messing about with its theme and certain things may not display quite as they should. Hopefully the content area will not suffer too much, though.

I do not think one can exclude anonymous.google in bulk, as it is not a domain name. xyz.anonymous.google does not resolve to anything.

And I did not see any documentation regarding a feature that would cause the system to exclude anonymous placements if you use anonymous.google as an excluded placement. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'll test it, but I don't think it works.

I think you're left with frequent reports in Analytics and AdWords Editor.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is documented here , and it works the same for the regular Display Campaign

https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/159152?hl=en

To exclude all anonymous sites, enter anonymous.google.