AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

affiliate marketing redirects

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

how can we build a display ad campaign that allows for redirecting the affiliate links.

Display URL and final destination do not match.

I spent the last 3 hours looking for info.

To no avail.

Please advise

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: affiliate marketing redirects

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Affiliate marketing coupled with AdWords has been controversial since the beginning as far as my knowledge goes. Before you start thinking about using it within AdWords, I would first suggest you to go through the Policy and help center reference which revolves around this:

Affiliate URL Policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844

What should I know as an affiliate advertiser? 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/45068?hl=en

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi floshkit,

You just need to change the display URL so the domain matches the domain of the final destination. This isn't really the best way to go about affiliate marketing. It puts you in direct competition with other affiliate advertisers for the same web site. And, since only one ad per domain will be shown on any single SERP, the competition can be stiff.

A better approach would be to create your own web site with unique product descriptions and links that go to the web site where products can be purchased. Be careful not to build a bridge page.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I underline @pankaj1782 answer: "affiliates" are a sensitive issue as far as Adwords and Google are concerned.
I would strongly encourage you to run a search on the community for "affiliate account suspended", and to learn from these discussions the "Dos and Don'ts" before you start promoting affiliate links on your website.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I know.
Thanks guys.
We are trying to build a legit business.
All affiliate programs that i checked so far REQUIRE redirects for us to receive our commissions.

PLUS
We are not going to use adwords, but display ads.

So far we are out of luck as it seems.

Unless any of you guys have some actuable solutions up your sleves.

Hoping.

Have a great weekend.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i am not an affiliate advertiser and i am not asking about affiliate marketing in google adword payperclick advertising .
I just want to know, is it legal and google adword`s policies allow, to take the domain of someone`s website and use it for pay per click program/campaigns through my own google adword acount ?

My adword account will be suspended for doing this ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@noorhad k ;

There are a number of ways  to (quote) "take the domain of someone`s website and use it for pay per click program/campaigns"

One is affiliate programs, the other is by setting an MCC account of your own and linking the "other  accounts" to this MCC. This is the way you a "inform" Google that the domains advertised are owned by others.

Read more:

Create a My Client Center Account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’