AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords read only access question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a separate email address so that a client could grant me read only access. 

He granted access and google sent me the invite. 

When I go in to accept the invite on adwords, adwords tells me that "there is already an adwords account associated with this email address.

Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to accept this invite?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: adwords read only access question

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mike,

When you clicked on the link in the invitation, did you select "I already have an account?" If not, AdWords made a new account for you with that email address. You'll have to remove it from the new account before you can use it in the intended account.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Unable to accept an adwords "read only" invite . . .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a separate email address so that a client could grant me read only access. 

When I go in to accept the invite on adwords, adwords tells me that "there is already an adwords account associated with this email address.

Read only access question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Read only access question

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mike,

It sounds like you have used your current email address for an AdWords account in the past.

When you get the invite, you can choose to create a new account which might be easiest in this situation.

Think of your email address as a bank account, you only get into one (most of the time).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mike,

When you clicked on the link in the invitation, did you select "I already have an account?" If not, AdWords made a new account for you with that email address. You'll have to remove it from the new account before you can use it in the intended account.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Mike H - Please post each individual question only one time.

Thank you.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pete,

Thank you; it worked.

Thanks,

Mike