AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords_queryparam discontinued in favor of adwords_redirect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has the adwords_queryparam Merchant Center field been discontinued (or deprecated) in favor of adwords_redirect?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Wyatt (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: adwords_queryparam discontinued in favor of adwords_redirect?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi googlerocks!

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you - I spent a bit of time researching this issue, it's a great question! I'm Wyatt from the North American AdWords team.

It appears that the answer to your question is yes - information regarding adwords_queryparam is no longer found in the Merchant Center Help Center.  There is an abundance of information, however, on adwords_redirects that you can use found here.  Essentially, their function is to differentiate sources of traffic, product targets, and more.

Unfortunately, there isn't additional information I was able to find, so I hope this post answers your question.  Feel free to reply on this thread if you have further clarification questions.

Cheers,

Wyatt

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi googlerocks,

Let me get somebody to help.
Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Wyatt (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi googlerocks!

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you - I spent a bit of time researching this issue, it's a great question! I'm Wyatt from the North American AdWords team.

It appears that the answer to your question is yes - information regarding adwords_queryparam is no longer found in the Merchant Center Help Center.  There is an abundance of information, however, on adwords_redirects that you can use found here.  Essentially, their function is to differentiate sources of traffic, product targets, and more.

Unfortunately, there isn't additional information I was able to find, so I hope this post answers your question.  Feel free to reply on this thread if you have further clarification questions.

Cheers,

Wyatt