AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords exitAPI with custom parameters?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There! I have a quick question about the adwords ExitApi. I have an html banner which has an input form, and I would like to concatenate the value of this input form with the Exit clickthrough, in order to go to a customized landing page.

Is this possible in Adwords? If so, how should I do it?

Would something like ExitApi.exit()+ "/" + "locationInput.value" work?

THANK YOU!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javier D
July 2016

Re: adwords exitAPI with custom parameters?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nik,

Thanks for your answer. Isn't it possible to hack it some way, using ValueTrack parameters?

Thanks!

Javier

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Well simple answer is nope Smiley Happy you cant use form elements in html5 ads.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javier D
July 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nik,

Thanks for your answer. Isn't it possible to hack it some way, using ValueTrack parameters?

Thanks!

Javier

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Javier,
Can you please elaborate your exact use case?
Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik,

Certainly - it's basically a banner for a government residue picking service. The user enters their neighborhood in the banner input field, and the banner uses this information to redirect to a special landing page for each neighborhood.

So for example the landing page would be www.residues.com, but there would be a variable that would point to the correct neighborhood, for example www.residues.com/myneighborhood.

That's basically it. Does it make sense? Do you think it could be done in adwords?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Javier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Javier D
Javier D

yesterday
Hi Nik,

Certainly - it's basically a banner for a government residue picking service. The user enters their neighborhood in the banner input field, and the banner uses this information to redirect to a special landing page for each neighborhood.

So for example the landing page would be www.residues.com, but there would be a variable that would point to the correct neighborhood, for example www.residues.com/myneighborhood.

That's basically it. Does it make sense? Do you think it could be done in adwords?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Javier

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
HI
I dont think you can do this with AdWords. Take a look at double click studio along with DBM for this requirement.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik