AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords exitAPI with custom parameters?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There! I have a quick question about the adwords ExitApi. I have an html banner which has an input form, and I would like to concatenate the value of this input form with the Exit clickthrough, in order to go to a customized landing page.

Is this possible in Adwords? If so, how should I do it?

Would something like ExitApi.exit()+ "/" + "locationInput.value" work?

THANK YOU!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javier D
July 2016

Re: adwords exitAPI with custom parameters?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nik,

Thanks for your answer. Isn't it possible to hack it some way, using ValueTrack parameters?

Thanks!

Javier

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Well simple answer is nope Smiley Happy you cant use form elements in html5 ads.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javier D
July 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nik,

Thanks for your answer. Isn't it possible to hack it some way, using ValueTrack parameters?

Thanks!

Javier

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Javier,
Can you please elaborate your exact use case?
Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik,

Certainly - it's basically a banner for a government residue picking service. The user enters their neighborhood in the banner input field, and the banner uses this information to redirect to a special landing page for each neighborhood.

So for example the landing page would be www.residues.com, but there would be a variable that would point to the correct neighborhood, for example www.residues.com/myneighborhood.

That's basically it. Does it make sense? Do you think it could be done in adwords?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Javier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Javier D
Javier D

yesterday
Hi Nik,

Certainly - it's basically a banner for a government residue picking service. The user enters their neighborhood in the banner input field, and the banner uses this information to redirect to a special landing page for each neighborhood.

So for example the landing page would be www.residues.com, but there would be a variable that would point to the correct neighborhood, for example www.residues.com/myneighborhood.

That's basically it. Does it make sense? Do you think it could be done in adwords?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Javier

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
I dont think you can do this with AdWords. Take a look at double click studio along with DBM for this requirement.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik