AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords editor "Error: Invalid maximum cpm bid."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First I tried to set my CPM to nothing (got an error) and then $.01 and now I'm getting this "Error: Invalid maximum cpm bid." error. I'm guessing it is to low of a bid. I would like to use my CPC bid instead. Some of my Ad groups do not require a CPM bid and others do?

How can I just use CPC bidding?

And if I need a CPM bid, what is the lowest acceptable bid?

Thanks,

Dusty

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords editor "Error: Invalid maximum cpm bid."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found this: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30843?hl=en so I might change that bid to $0.25 (the original bid), but I think this is still a bug. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dusty,

What campaign type are you using? CPM bidding is only available for display network campaigns. Your search campaigns wouldn't use a CPM bid, so it wouldn't be required for those ad groups. That said, your display campaigns don't have to use CPM if you would rather use CPC.

To switch from CPM to CPC bidding, you would need to change your settings. To do this, go to the settings tab and then where it says "Bid strategy" you should click "edit" and select "Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding".

Hope this helps!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee