AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords editor not working well for me, is that an issue for others

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having issues trying to get my adwords editor to upload or do anything. The dropdowns aren't working well anymore and when I try to post changes nothing happens.

Is there anyone else having this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett B
September 2015

Re: adwords editor not working well for me, is that an issue for other

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Brett B !  Welcome to the Community !

I have tested today the AdWords editor and upload and download works. As the editor is just an application that tries to connect to the internet, my guess is that you have recently installed a firewall that blocked this application from connecting.

Try to temporarely disable your firewall or configure it to see if uploading works.

Also you can use the free Process Explorer app from Microsoft to see if the editor uses any network traffic or not.

process-explorer.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett B
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Brett B !  Welcome to the Community !

I have tested today the AdWords editor and upload and download works. As the editor is just an application that tries to connect to the internet, my guess is that you have recently installed a firewall that blocked this application from connecting.

Try to temporarely disable your firewall or configure it to see if uploading works.

Also you can use the free Process Explorer app from Microsoft to see if the editor uses any network traffic or not.

process-explorer.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for getting back with me. As of now I find that it is a mac issue because I was using it on my pc and it worked just fine, so now I am just going to do that. I think it might be having issues with my text expander app. 

Anyhow I appreciate your help in this matter, thanks Adrian. 

Brett