AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords display network help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI all, i have a question about adwords display network which is,i set up an ads on display network and i set the MAX CPC bid as 0.05$ and also my daily budget at 3$ after a few minutes there was 4 clicks on my ads and i got charged more than the actual bid that i set at  the first which is O.O5, so why google is charging me more than i am willing to pay?

also the he charged me more than my daily budget .

also my campaign in nature is a CPC not CPM campaign but i see that google is charging me 0.85$ per every 1000 impression

any help please ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zakaria b
September 2015

Re: adwords display network help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zakaria,

Welcome to the AdWords ForumSmiley Happy

i got charged more than the actual bid that i set at  the first which is O.O5, so why google is charging me more than i am willing to pay.

Google Adwords will never charge more than of your Max CPC. It is only Possible in the following circumstances.

A.)  If you are using enhanced CPC bidding for your campaign, Then Adwords Will increase your Max CPC bid By 30% depending on the competition and users behavior and search terms.

B.) If you have enabled the Custom ad scheduling and incremental bids.

C.) If you have enabled device and location Bid adjustment in Enhanced campaigns.

If you have set the higher bids in the keyword level than the Ad Group level, and checking the bids at the avg CPC at the Ad group level. It is the chances that you will get the AVG CPC is higher than the Max CPC of your Ad Group Level bid.

D.)  As you have suggested that your campaigns is new so at the time of uploading the campaigns you have set the higher bids then you have reduced so it also possible the at time AdWord charged based on your previous bid. So check your Change history of the campaigns.

Yes AdWords Can charged  20% the more than of your campaign's daily budget.But Other day it will cap your budget at lower amount to make up for it. You can read more about in the Link

also my campaign in nature is a CPC not CPM campaign but i see that google is charging me 0.85$ per every 1000 impression

You are NOT charged per thousand impressions when using CPC bidding. It is the general concept of CPM. The average amount that you've been charged for 1,000 impressions.
But in the CPC campaigns Google also show you the calculated avg CPM, to understand the avg CPM that you have charged in the form of avg CPC.

You can read More about it in the thread.

Hoping your doubt cleared.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zakaria b
September 2015

Re: adwords display network help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zakaria,

Welcome to the AdWords ForumSmiley Happy

i got charged more than the actual bid that i set at  the first which is O.O5, so why google is charging me more than i am willing to pay.

Google Adwords will never charge more than of your Max CPC. It is only Possible in the following circumstances.

A.)  If you are using enhanced CPC bidding for your campaign, Then Adwords Will increase your Max CPC bid By 30% depending on the competition and users behavior and search terms.

B.) If you have enabled the Custom ad scheduling and incremental bids.

C.) If you have enabled device and location Bid adjustment in Enhanced campaigns.

If you have set the higher bids in the keyword level than the Ad Group level, and checking the bids at the avg CPC at the Ad group level. It is the chances that you will get the AVG CPC is higher than the Max CPC of your Ad Group Level bid.

D.)  As you have suggested that your campaigns is new so at the time of uploading the campaigns you have set the higher bids then you have reduced so it also possible the at time AdWord charged based on your previous bid. So check your Change history of the campaigns.

Yes AdWords Can charged  20% the more than of your campaign's daily budget.But Other day it will cap your budget at lower amount to make up for it. You can read more about in the Link

You are NOT charged per thousand impressions when using CPC bidding. It is the general concept of CPM. The average amount that you've been charged for 1,000 impressions.
But in the CPC campaigns Google also show you the calculated avg CPM, to understand the avg CPM that you have charged in the form of avg CPC.

You can read More about it in the thread.

Hoping your doubt cleared.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’