AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

adwords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have changed to a new website and have ammended my adwords account accordingly and changed all destination url's on the adds and yet when you click the actual add on google it lands on the old website. When you actaullay test the add in adwords it lands on the new site !  Any ideas ?

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: adwords campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

As Rehan said, changes you make in your AdWords account are not instantaneous. You can change the destination URL of a search ad now, and only see it updated in about an hour (usually less, but in any case it's not uncommon to still see the old version active after 10 minutes).

Another possible thing is to have keyword URLs which are still the old ones, and which override the ads' destination URLs. Make sure that old destination URLs are not present at keyword level (it happened to many advertisers and is a common reason why new ads still point to old URLs, when it's in fact the keyword taking precedence).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ukpallettrucks,

Would like to know that you are referring to search or display network.

In Search network changes reflect within minutes but on display network it may take few hours.

Also, one probable reason can be Cache.

Clear your system's cache & then try again.

Let us know if this didn't work.

~Rehan

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI ukpallettrucks

That is strange as when you make edits to ads, the old ones are deleted in effect and the new ones have to go through the review process. This is what Google say about edits to ads-

• When you follow the steps above, the original version of your ad will be deleted and you'll create a new ad.
  • You won't be able to resume the original version of your ad.
  • Your edited ad will go through our ad approval process so we can ensure your edits comply with our AdWords ad policies -- we work to review the ads in our program as quickly as possible, usually within one to three business days. If your changes don't meet our policies, your edited ad may not be eligible to run.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375287

I think it would probably be best that you escalate this issue to support, you can do this via your adwords account or you can call support using one of the numbers from the list in the link below-

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

I hope this is helpful in some way, good luck Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

As Rehan said, changes you make in your AdWords account are not instantaneous. You can change the destination URL of a search ad now, and only see it updated in about an hour (usually less, but in any case it's not uncommon to still see the old version active after 10 minutes).

Another possible thing is to have keyword URLs which are still the old ones, and which override the ads' destination URLs. Make sure that old destination URLs are not present at keyword level (it happened to many advertisers and is a common reason why new ads still point to old URLs, when it's in fact the keyword taking precedence).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.