AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ads not triggering for all adgroups in display network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have created a campaign in my account for display with various ad groups but ads are triggering only for a single ad group and not for other ad groups.

Can somebody please help?

Re: ads not triggering for all adgroups in display network

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You must write more info to describe the problem.

There are some placements which do not trigger ads unless you bid high enough simply because there are competitors already bidding and you have to bid higher than the last one.

How many restrictions do you have ? Do you restrict "the context theme" with keywords, age limits, topics, interests , any of these or all ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Naushin,

It is difficult to say what the problem is without knowing the targeting methods used but assuming you are using contextual targeting, there could be a number of reasons your ads aren't showing in all adgroups. 

If your adgroups are based around the same general subject Google may have decided that the adgroup getting the impressions is the most relevant one. This is particularly likely if you have a good CTR and a high quality score. 

Your bids may also just not be high enough for the keywords you are targeting due to competition.

If you give some more information on the targeting methods, etc. we may be able to give you some more advice.

Best of luck!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

Can you please let me know details which you require so that we can solve this issue.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am using placement targeting. 

I increased the bid also but no avail.

What should i do?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
What is the status of the "non-triggering" ad groups, are they paused or the campaign in which they are is paused ? Are the ads paused or unde review ?

Do they receive at least 1 impression ?

What is your selected time-frame , is it a week or one day ? You have posted this a week ago. It is best if you select a larger time-frame to check if an ad is receiving impressions.

Do you use the conversion optimizer setting that might redirect all traffic to the ad group that has conversions ?

Are all your ad groups using the same placements ? ( placements are a setting at ad group level )

How many placements are there for the "non-triggering" ads ? If you have 1 or 2 placements, chances are that the publisher has banned your website if it has received many impressions and very few clicks, their purpose is to make money through adsense if you bring clicks.

There are more to ask, but for now, these are my questions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian, Thanks for replying. Please find below answers to your questions:

Do they receive at least 1 impression ?

There are 11 ad groups and 6 have received at least one impression but majority of impressions and conversions have been garnered by a single ad group.

What is your selected time-frame , is it a week or one day ? You have posted this a week ago. It is best if you select a larger time-frame to check if an ad is receiving impressions.

Selected time frame is from 1st may 2013 to current month.

Do you use the conversion optimizer setting that might redirect all traffic to the ad group that has conversions ?

My bididng option is:

Focus on clicks where I manually set my bids for clicks and have enabled enhance CPC option. I am not using Focus on onversion option in bidding option but in the ad rotation option I am using optimise for conversions.

Are all your ad groups using the same placements ? ( placements are a setting at ad group level )

No I am using different placements for every adgroup.

How many placements are there for the "non-triggering" ads ? If you have 1 or 2 placements, chances are that the publisher has banned your website if it has received many impressions and very few clicks, their purpose is to make money through adsense if you bring clicks.

There are around 10-15 placements for each ad group.

There are more to ask, but for now, these are my questions.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) You have to check what the Enhanced CPC has done to your MaxCPC, maybe it has decreased them to a very low amount . If you have a low budget it can increase by 30% the bids for situations (ad groups, keywords) that generate conversions and decrease by any amount every other bids . Read here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?hl=en

"ECPC will increase your max CPC bid by up to 30 percent when it sees a good opportunity. It'll also lower your max CPC by any amount (even more than 30 percent) if it determines a conversion isn't likely, so you'll pay less for clicks that convert less."

2) Also the placements that you have chosen that bring no clicks and very few impressions can be already filled with advertisiers who pay a lot and you need to out-bid them.

3) Another cause can be the exclusions list. Are you using any type of exclusions in your ad groups with low impressions ? 

4) Are you using any other restrictions in your ad groups with low impressions , like keywords, Age ranges, Topics, Interests ? If you do , you must know that you will receive impressions only from pages which have an intersection of all your choices.

For example when you target a keyword and a placement, you will restrict the targeting to only the pages where that keyword is on that website. The "AND" condition will apply to all your selections.