AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ads not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I placed several bids on keywords that were an exact match for my product. The bids were all "Eligible" after I placed them. When I did a Google search on my key words there weren't any ads showing at all. After I placed my ads I went back and searched the keywords again. My ads did not show. I checked again the next morning and they still did not show. I check my adwords account and the minimum bids on my keywords were much higher. In one case eight times what was eligible the night before. The strange thing is that there are still no ads at all when I did a Google search of the key words. No ads for anyone.    

I am ready to give up. I have had my account for less then 30 days. Can I get my money back? Do you have any explaination for what is happening?

I tried to call the help number but it said that Ad Words was not available at this time, and I don't know how to get back for your response.

Could you please tell me in an email how to get back to see your response.

sincerely

E Stroud

internetsurfbook@yahoo.com

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: ads not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi evstro,

Doing a live Google search is not necessarily the best way to check if your ads are running. Instead, use the Ad Preview tool. The results of a live Google search could be personalized for you, not so with the Ad Preview tool.

If your ad is not showing, you will see 0's for impresisons and clicks. "Eligible" is not the same as "approved", but if you are only running ads on Google search, that's not important.

The fact that no ads show for your keywords indicates some sort of problem with those keywords. It does not necessarily mean that no one is bidding on the keyword. Most often, that means other advertisers have not had much success with those keywords in the past. A low historical CTR would mean you need to bid much higher to get impressions. No ads on a page does not mean no competition and certainly does not mean you can get cheap clicks.

I suggest you find other keywords that describe your product. Use the keyword tool to find suggestions for keywords to use in your campaign. Then use the Ad Preview tool with those keywords (start with your current keywords) and see what both the organic and paid listings include. If you see a lot of competition, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It most likely means that other advertisers have found those keyowrds to be profitable.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi evstro,

Doing a live Google search is not necessarily the best way to check if your ads are running. Instead, use the Ad Preview tool. The results of a live Google search could be personalized for you, not so with the Ad Preview tool.

If your ad is not showing, you will see 0's for impresisons and clicks. "Eligible" is not the same as "approved", but if you are only running ads on Google search, that's not important.

The fact that no ads show for your keywords indicates some sort of problem with those keywords. It does not necessarily mean that no one is bidding on the keyword. Most often, that means other advertisers have not had much success with those keywords in the past. A low historical CTR would mean you need to bid much higher to get impressions. No ads on a page does not mean no competition and certainly does not mean you can get cheap clicks.

I suggest you find other keywords that describe your product. Use the keyword tool to find suggestions for keywords to use in your campaign. Then use the Ad Preview tool with those keywords (start with your current keywords) and see what both the organic and paid listings include. If you see a lot of competition, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It most likely means that other advertisers have found those keyowrds to be profitable.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Evstro,

Pete's suggestions below should help you to improve your ads performance. As he mentioned, the keywords you are bidding on may be quite competitive. Where your ad appears on Google is called your 'Ad Rank': Ad Rank = Bids x Quality Score.

Quality score is determined by a number of factors but the most important is CTR. If your ads have not been running for long, you may have a low CTR. Combine this low CTR with a high level of competition, you may need to increase your bids in order for your ads to begin to serve.  

If you are on manual bidding, check your keywords tab to see if any keywords have the message 'below first page bid estimate'. This estimate approximates what cost-per-click (CPC) bid is typically needed for your ad to show on the first page when a search query exactly matches your keyword. Your ad can still appear if your bid does not meet this estimate, but it's more likely not to appear on the first page of search results.

More information about First Page Bid Estimates and Ad Rank can be found here and here.

I hope this helps!

Rachel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand we need more bid to show our AdWrd on the first page, but, still our ad should show in the second, third or even 10th pages! But, ours do not show anywhere! How could it happen? It's totally a waste of money!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its actually not a waste of money if your ads arent showing, that means no one is seeing your ads, and you only pay for clicks, so It would actually never ever cost money if your ads did not show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Please do not forget that Google has raised the cost for adwords, for example you were able to put your bid and as a competitive keywork you may not have it viewable like high bids for the same keyword.
Now, it won't show until you provide a bid more than the least acceptable, in other words, there is a minimum that Google forces to show ads, which means they increased the cost.

For my keywords, some are listed at $6.25 for a click while the same ad google pays up to $0.2 for a click on US audience and sometimes $0.02 for a click for some other countries. This makes a huge difference between what google gets in adwords and what it pays in adsense, which for myself does not make sense.

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the exact same issue right now as we speak; the solution is to delete all ther keywords that you created yourselfe; only select the ones that google selected for you as a match.

FYI: Google periodically increase their cost for click acording to what the big big companies are paying for clicks; example: I own a recording studios; the big companies pay more for higher ranking; as miuh as $5.00 per click for the the keyword "Voice Over; I can never afford that;

What am I doing to stay in the game? I am deleting every single keyword that's been working for me; not all of a sudden not ranking high enough, and choosing more and/ or new ones sugested by google.

There is one other way; you can post free ad postings in your google plus account; just go to www.google.com login with the same id and pass word you use for yourt adwords account; click on share and create your ad; use key words in the heading and keys in the body of your ad; then; sign out and search for the ad; you should see it on the first page if you have completely set up your profile on google.

Good luck; hope this helps; if not; email me your website and I will give you a free post on my site if it can fit into what we do..