AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ads location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

air tickets in google.fr i got ads meant for India, shouldn't ads for france appear? Does adwords decide on IP or domain?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ads location

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can I ask you for a little clarification here, please.

Because adwords decides on many factors - where the person looking at your advertisement is, who they are, where they are, and what they're looking for on Search network.

Answering a few of these will give us a clue as to where the problems lie - and as always, opportunities lie in problems, but you do have to resolve them for yourself. I'm sorry not to have given the answer you needed.

Re: ads location

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Pradeed Thomas,

Geo-targeting is based on the user's location, not the website's domain. You can also target buy language. Again, that's based on the user's language setting, not the website visited.

An exception to this is when you are using one of Google's properties, other than google.com. For example, if you search with google.fr, Google will assume you are interested in things in France, so you will get ads targeted at France. If you are actually in India, it will also show ads targeted at India.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords