AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ads in Gmail with longer headlines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, any help or answer on the below question will be highly appreciated!

Yesterday i have seen several ads display on the right side of my Gmail inbox, whose headline is more than 25 character limits, and they just have one description line, which looks similar to "Top ads" in the search network.

But i did not find any material in Google mentioned the ads in display network also have the top ads which put the first description line right after the headline, so the headline is longer than 25 character limits.

Can anyone help to explain this? thanks a lot !

Warm regards

Gwen

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: ads in Gmail with longer headlines

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Gwen,

You have raised an issue which is already a point of discussion for Google also. It has been escalated to the Google Display Team for further clarification.

You might be interested in looking at this thread where Googler Sherry has shared an interesting point about top ads for Gmail property. You can find the discussion here.

Hope that helps a bit!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Gwen,

You have raised an issue which is already a point of discussion for Google also. It has been escalated to the Google Display Team for further clarification.

You might be interested in looking at this thread where Googler Sherry has shared an interesting point about top ads for Gmail property. You can find the discussion here.

Hope that helps a bit!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Anchal,

DKI will not result in adding extra characters beyond the character limits for each line. If the keyword would allow DKI to extend the line lenght, the default text is used instead or the keyword could be disappoved.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords