AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ads deleted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to definitively delete some old ads. They appear as "deleted" but they are still visible, also it is clear they are not active or paused. How do I get rid of them completely ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: ads deleted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

The fact is that you cannot completely get rid of the deleted ads Smiley Happy

All you can do is that select all but deleted , which will hide the deleted ads from you and will only show enabled and paused ads. You do have the option to select all enabled as well, which will show you only enabled ads and will hide every other ad.

That's the way how Adwords interface is designed. You can only hide things but cannot completely wipe them out.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

How do I get rid of deleted ads ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have multiple deleted ads which I would like to get rid of. Each time I make a change in an ad, a ad with the change appears and the old ad stays as deleted ad. I ended up having more deleted ads than those running ; I want to tidy up and get rid of the old deleted ads. How do I do this. I hope someone will be able to help me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this is great. Thank you very much. I could have thought if this myself, but to tell the truth, I had not paid attention to that button.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know where it is mentioned by Google that 'deleted ad' will not be deleted.

Thanks in advance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have an answer to that.  I don't see it

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2012/13 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.