AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ad group vs. campaign site link extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have campaign level site link extensions set up already then i create a new ad group and put site link extensions at that ad group will the campaign or ad group level site link extensions show? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ad group vs. campaign site link extension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Craig,

The campaign sitelinks will show for any ad group that doesn't have its own ad groups sitelink.

For example: Ad Group A and B has no sitelinks but Ad Group C has its own sitelinks. Ad Group A and B will use the campaign default sitelinks and Ad Group C will use the sitelinks that were assigned to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What happens if you have 2 sitelinks at campaign level and 2 on adgroup level within that campaign? Will all 4 be displayed? Or just the ones on adgroup level?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Google is like a coffee percolator, it always works its way down to the most precise options.

So it will prefer to show sitelinks from the ad group in preference to those from the campaign. In the same way as it will prefer to show ads triggered by exact match keywords rather than those from broad match, etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok great, cheers!