AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

abuse of adds, by competitor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to prevent a single user to click on my adds repetitively, using up all of my allowable daily budget?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: abuse of adds, by competitor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Genesis,

There are actually filters and systems in place to prevent fraudulent clicks but this help article about excluding IP addresses should be of interest to you. 

If you are interested on how Google prevents and deals with invalid traffic then I recommend you check out this link.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Genesis wrote:

Is there a way to prevent a single user to click on my adds repetitively, using up all of my allowable daily budget?

Well, Google already uses very sophisticated tools and techniques to take care of the invalid clicks inside the advertiser's account. Still by the end if Google investigates and find out that there are invalid clicks happened inside the account, the amount is credited back to the advertiser's account. Read more in this article.

However, if you think that there is someone clicking your ad again and again, you can cross check your web server logs and use the IP exclusion tool to exclude that particular IP address.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456098 )

You can also use this invalid click troubleshooter to report it to Google.

EDIT: Scott, you are fast Smiley Tongue

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Genesis,

There are actually filters and systems in place to prevent fraudulent clicks but this help article about excluding IP addresses should be of interest to you. 

If you are interested on how Google prevents and deals with invalid traffic then I recommend you check out this link.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Genesis wrote:

Well, Google already uses very sophisticated tools and techniques to take care of the invalid clicks inside the advertiser's account. Still by the end if Google investigates and find out that there are invalid clicks happened inside the account, the amount is credited back to the advertiser's account. Read more in this article.

However, if you think that there is someone clicking your ad again and again, you can cross check your web server logs and use the IP exclusion tool to exclude that particular IP address.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456098 )

You can also use this invalid click troubleshooter to report it to Google.

EDIT: Scott, you are fast Smiley Tongue

Hope that helps!

Pankaj