AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Zip Code Location Targeting United States

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello:

I am trying to use location targeting by zip code in Philadelphia, PA.  Zip codes 19102 & 19109 which are in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia, are showing as "could not be matched."

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January

Re: Zip Code Location Targeting United States

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Orange Line M,

Well - the new UI appears to have lost a few of the location selection features I was going to suggest to you.  You may need to make sure you're in the old UI for this.  

Here is what the old UI looks like, you can choose 'Center City, Philly' as your primary target and then view 'nearby' targeting options by zip, neighborhood etc...this should give you the level of detail needed to isolate your primary geographic location. Each location can be targeted or excluded right from the map, don't forget to save!

locoldui.jpg

The new UI seems to have left most of this functionality behind. #downgrade

locnewui.jpg

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January

Re: Zip Code Location Targeting United States

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Orange Line M,

Well - the new UI appears to have lost a few of the location selection features I was going to suggest to you.  You may need to make sure you're in the old UI for this.  

Here is what the old UI looks like, you can choose 'Center City, Philly' as your primary target and then view 'nearby' targeting options by zip, neighborhood etc...this should give you the level of detail needed to isolate your primary geographic location. Each location can be targeted or excluded right from the map, don't forget to save!

locoldui.jpg

The new UI seems to have left most of this functionality behind. #downgrade

locnewui.jpg

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’