AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube annotations on preroll

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am running a preroll campaign right now, the video has annotations on it but on youtube analytics i am not seeing any clickable impressions for the annotations. Why this is happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube annotations on preroll

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Filaretos T,

Thanks for posting your question! I had a look around the online resources but I'm not too sure why your clickable impressions for annotations are not appearing in YouTube Anlytics. You might want to try the YouTube Community as I imagine that they are lot more familiar with YouTube Analytics and features. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful! 

Rachel

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Filaretos T,
Let me try n attempt it.

YouTube Analytics will not track impressions but clicks on annotations.

1. So, if the clickable annotation goes to another video, then it can be tracked for that Video in the sources of traffic
2. or if the annotation takes you to outside YouTube environment like website then Analytic tracking that property (website in this case) can tell you from where you have got the traffic.

Let me know if it is in line

regards
animesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
So to confirm, what your saying is you can have annotations on pre-roll but they're not measurable?