AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is by default Adwords active on all youtube videos or only on those whose authors add  Adsense to them ?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello streetmode,

This depends on which networks you choose to target within your campaign settings, selecting the Display Network along with Broad reach will give your ads the opportunity of being shown on YouTube videos. If you want to increase the likelihood of your ads appearing on the YouTube videos then you can also include the domain as a managed placement. Please visit the following links for more information:

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scotty,

I have youtube.com under managed placements. What I want to know if adwords is by default enabled on all youtube videos or not because I want to target specific youtube videos. If it is not enabled by default, how can I know if a youtube video has adwords (adsense) enabled ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi streetmode,

That's actually a really good question, I tried to do a bit of research for you but couldn't find a definite answer. If I had to guess via experience I would say that not all videos have AdSense / AdWords potential, I imagine that the video has to pass a certain critera with regards to views and popularity before it can start making revenue. 

It will be interesting to see whether someone in the community has an exact answer for you though.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.